In my little corner of the internet I wanted to start a segment where each Friday (or rather, the Friday’s where I have my life together), I share some of my top 5 favorite things! These will range in category from beauty and wellness, kid stuff, gadgets, recipes, podcasts, blogs etc. I’m always coming across new products and stuff I love and what better way to share the wealth! I’ll share how I use the product, why I like it & why you need it in your life!
So, without further ado, these are a few of my (current) favorite things…
- Rosehip Oil – I’ll start with oils. In the past, I always underestimated the power of a good moisturizer and mistakenly thought oils would make my oily skin break out more. Not the case! I love slathering on this Rosehip Oil on my face and neck. It’s incredibly moisturizing, doesn’t make me break out and I swear has helped with my melasma and lines on my face. I also love mixing a drop of this with my foundation, it makes my foundation a little dewy and my skin look flawless & not too thick.
- Continuing with oils,Vitamin E oil is helpful for not only moisturizing but fighting aging, dullness, dark spots & getting that glowing skin. Trust me! Fun fact: on WWHL Charlize Theron was asked her #1 beauty secret and she said vitamin E oil. I rest my case. Fair warning that true vitamin E oil is incredibly thick and sticky. Don’t be like me and slather it all over your face right before bedtime (I kept thinking why isn’t this soaking in?? And then I was sticking to my pillow case/sheets/hair like crazy). I like to mix this oil with my regular Murad moisturizer or rosehip oil and then apply it to my face. Mixing it with something else thins out the formula and makes it easier to apply. It also works wonders as a moisturizer for dry feet, elbows and knees. This tiny bottle of it will last you a while as well.
- Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion – I received this in my Fab, Fit, Fun seasonal box and I. love. it. It’s specifically for acne prone skin but also has retinol and helps to tighten pores. I kid you not I swear I can tell a difference in my pores after using this. I use this as my everyday moisturizer, in the morning and at night. I don’t often suffer with acne these days, unless it’s early pregnancy hormones, but I still like the way this makes my pores look. It also soaks in quick, is light and is great for wearing under makeup!
- Alvera All Natural Roll-On Deodorant – I’ve tried quite a few natural deodorant’s over the years and this one is by far my favorite. It does seem to take quite a few minutes to dry but once it does, it really works. Even in this Florida heat it keeps me dry. It doesn’t have a strong scent, which I like. I like that it’s a simple roll on formula and not a thick paste, it’s easy to apply and uber cheap too!
- Organic Fiji Face & Body Lotion – Ahhh yes, I’ve saved the best for last. Now, if you know me, you know I’m quite the fan of slathering on lotions, body oils etc; especially right before bedtime. My husband used to always say my skin felt like I bathed in milk. I think this obsession stemmed from one summer at the beach when I got badly sunburned. My sister had little kids then and she recommended I slather on this nighttime Johnson & Johnson lavender lotion right after the shower when my skin was still moist (if you hate that word, sorry). It made my skin so unbelievably soft! For years I was a slave to that particular lotion and would use nothing else. Since I’ve really tried to transition most of my beauty products over to more natural and cruelty-free brands, I’ve tried quite a few different brands over the years. I got this on a whim after reading so many good reviews on it. It totally lived up to the hype! It’s natural, organic, super moisturizing and soaks in quick! It makes showering in the morning and getting ready a breeze because I don’t have to worry about sitting around waiting for it to soak in. As an aside, I also hate body products that smell like food. I tend to like more of an earthy scent but got this pineapple coconut since we’re coming up on summer to try something new. I love the scent! It’s not too overpowering and just the right amount. This lotion comes in multiple different scents, I’m sure I’ll switch them up over time but this is a definite favorite for summertime!
That wraps up my first Friday Five! What moisturizers and beauty products are you living for lately?! Feel free to share below, I want to know what your current favorites are!
Full disclosure that some links are affiliate links. I review and recommend only products I personally use on a regular basis. All opinions are my own.